Can you categorically say there is no place as hell? Are you God? Do you know everything or are you omnipotent? Do you only believe what you can see? That would make you a materialist and an extremely shallow and unpleasant person.
I believe there are eternal truths and principles worth defending, fighting and dying for. Are you so foolish as to stake your life and eternity on what you cannot see nor disprove? Do you need physical proof, and it is out there, that such a place as hell really exists? In the end, proof is NOT the standard by which Jesus' elect operate. It is by faith . . . And that, my friend, is something that lies outside all men. It is a gift of Christ's Holy Spirit. For without it, you cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
“The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.” —Proverbs 15:24
The difference between heaven and hell can be found in the blood of Jesus Christ that makes the sinner a saint. Never is the black and white of the Bible brought into sharper focus than when these two topics are contrasted. For in hell we see the awful truth of those who reject God’s only prescribed method of redemption, namely, the blood of Jesus Christ. In hell, a place of everlasting punishment and separation from anything good and anything God, one is reminded, in this life, of the blessings of Providence as he rains on the just and the unjust. In hell the individual realizes that there are literally grave and irreversible consequences for rejecting Jesus as Lord in one’s life. The eternal lesson is brought into view that God’s holiness and a human approach to the Almighty are completely incompatible. Without the shed blood of Jesus Christ covering the individual no flesh can be justified. The mortal must put on immortality . . . For flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
In hell we see God’s holiness reflected in eternal judgment and condemnation—a reality where the destruction of the human soul is subjected to the most shocking conditions unimaginable. Jesus said it would be better to remain in this life halt or maimed than to possess all your body parts only to be cast into eternal perdition. With the biblical interrogative, “What can a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Matthew 16:26 & Mark 8:37) one discovers that the human soul is priceless. Since Jesus was speaking of the eternal substance of man’s essence, one discovers the futility of a belief in a probationary place called purgatory. When God calls the individual to their appointment with death (Hebrews 9:27) there is no amount of money that will be exchanged for that person’s soul.
Fleshly wages produce consequences and those results can be expiated (atoned) solely through a sacrifice that is perfect—Jesus Christ. Lest one forget, Jesus spent three days and three nights, paying the price for man’s sinful rebellion, in the bowels of the earth—hell. Hell is indeed a place where the fire is not quenched and the worm of the unredeemed dies not.
The picture the Bible paints of hell is a place of unspeakable torment, oppressive darkness, and heat beyond anything known in the physical realm. Even the pagan words of hades and sheol, from the corrupt ‘bibles,’ cannot diminish a heat so intense  that it actually affects the spiritually damned in the nether world.
To accept the reality of hell and reject the holiness of the Father, Christ’s blood to atone for the sinner, and the Holy Spirit’s work in the life of the redeemed to live victorious, is spiritual lunacy. One cannot embrace the doctrine of hell while at the same time repudiate the stark biblical truths of hell . . . This is indeed the sign of a sick mind.
Below are verses from the Bible that may surprise some and will definitely dispel many false notions that have emerged over time regarding hell. Meditate and consider hell’s reality and then act upon what Jesus’ crucifixion means to the sinner. To reject the truth will make your future stay in eternity that much more unpleasant—you will be constantly reminded of the numerous times you spurned (rejected) the truth of Jesus Christ!
Now get ready for a Bible ‘reality check’ regarding hell and associated topics:
1. THE PIT—According to Numbers 16:30, 33, hell is described as the pit. “The ground clave (split) asunder . . .” Numbers 16:31. This passage speaks of Korah’s rebellion. This event was an indictment and judgment against those opposing God’s theocratic leadership under Moses
2. AN ESCAPE PROVIDED—Jesus Christ is “the gracious ransom,” in Job 33:24, offered on behalf of the sinner that prevents him from going to the pit
3. DELIVERANCE ASSURED—The “light” in Job 33:28 and 30 is Jesus Christ. The man that repents, “I have sinned” v.27, is that man who understands his depravity and sinfulness (darkness) before the Father. Repenting before the Father, God delivers his soul from the sentence of death in the pit
4. THE TRUTH ABSENT IN PERDITION—God’s voice is absent in hell. For those that descend into the pit it is too late to ever hear the gracious words of God again! (Psalm 28:1) At The Great White Throne Judgment, or The resurrection of the damned, the words they hear will be the words of judgment from Christ . . . For God has committed all judgment unto the Son. (John 5:22)
5. WHAT IS DEATH?—To descend into the pit is to be dead according to Psalm 30:3
6. CANNOT ESCAPE—Hell is called the “pit of destruction” in Psalm 55:23
7. HE FIRST LOVED US—The ‘key’ of the redeemed that delivers their soul from the pit is faith (a gift and work of the Holy Spirit) in Jesus Christ. Psalm 55:23
8. CUT OFF—While in this life, the unredeemed had strength to live either a godly life (only through surrender to the indwelling Holy Spirit) or reject the love of God in Christ. In the life beyond, the condemned are subjected to the wrath and fury of God’s judgment with no strength to alter the bleakness of their everlasting circumstances. Note, to be “free,” in verse 5, means to be free from the physical limitations or restraints creation places on the temporal, “free from the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave.” To be free also means God remembers the individual in the pit no more—they are cut off from the hand of the Father. Psalm 88:4, 5
9. YES, EVEN THE GOOD ARE THERE—The pit is for the wicked! Psalm 55:15; Psalm 94:13
10. HIS FACE HIDDEN—God’s face is seen no more. Psalm 143:7
11. THE RESURRECTED BODY OF THE DAMNED—The individual is cast “alive and whole” (spirit and soul) down to an everlasting abyss. Proverbs 1:12
12. FORGIVENESS VS. BITTERNESS—Heaven is the abode of them that have their sins cast behind their back (forgotten, forgiven, and not in view) whereas for the sinner (those that love their sin) their transgressions are not forgiven and remain before their eyes. Isaiah 38:17
13. PURGATORY’S EXCLUSION—The premise of purgatory is a Catholic invention to generate income for the coffers of Rome. It was picked up from the uninspired apocryphal book of II Maccabees, specifically II Maccabees 12:43-45. The Book of II Maccabees is part of the Catholic Bible. Purgatory is the place where souls are temporarily interned as human works (worthless prayers, futile monetary sacrifices, vain amends by priests and blood relatives) are laid at the altar of simony in hopes of delivering the human soul from its condemned sentence in hell. Purgatory gained legitimacy when Pope Gregory I in 593 A.D. made it part of Catholic indoctrination. In 1439 purgatory became canon law. While purgatory was conceived to further manipulate Catholic converts, the Bible has the final say on man’s hopeless lot. According to Isaiah 38:18, “They that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.”
14. COUNTLESS MULTITUDES—Hell contains the innumerable souls of the deceased of ages past (Ezekiel 26:20)
15. DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS—According to Revelation 9:2 another dimension is disclosed regarding hell, or the pit; it is bottomless. Just as the physical universe is circular, so is the pit. It has sides (Isaiah 14:15) and a multitude of entrance(s) . . . But no exits! (“gates of hell,” Matthew 16:18). This is the reality of hell; it is circular! In a sense it’s like the wicked who return to their evil ways, like the dog that returns to its vomit
16. THE TRANSIENCE OF HELL, THE PERMANENCY OF THE LAKE OF FIRE—In Deuteronomy 32:22 God says his anger “shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase.” According to the science of geophysics the core of the earth consists of an outer core and an inner core. The inner core is believed to be solid while the outer core is molten or liquid. This phenomenon would be consistent with the words that distinguish a lake of fire and brimstone from hell (See specifically Revelation 20:10-15)
17. THE CRIES OF THE DAMNED—It should also be noted that the origin of the screams coming from the volcano on Hekla, Iceland (a stratovolcano also called Heklafell- a volcano consisting of layers of lava alternating with ash or cinder) were those of the tormented in hell. Reported by a Fourteenth Century astronomer and physician, Caspar Peucer, Peucer was an eyewitness of those lost souls whose screams emanated from the lowest hell. Psalm 86:13
18. NO SECRETS IN HELL—To those who attempt to hide their sin before God in hell, it is naked. Destruction possesses no covering. Job 26:6
19. THE CORRUPTION OF THE RESURRECTED BODY IN HELL—In Psalm 9:17 it says, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” This deplorable truth about hell becomes evident as Terry Watkins has stated in his on-line article, The Truth About Hell (http://av1611.org/hell.html). The individual, and nations, that forget God see, smell, breath, hear, and feel hell . . . The wicked actually become hell!
20. JESUS’ RESURRECTED BODY AND THE BLESSED HOPE OF THE BELIEVER—Psalm 16:10 speaks of Jesus deliverance from hell. Not seeing corruption means a number of things here:
21. HELL IS GRAVE—Hell is a place of sorrow, pain, and trouble according to Psalms 18:5 and Psalm 116:3
22. REBELLION TO AUTHORITIES—Since Jesus said amputation is a satisfactory solution to prevent one from being cast into hell fire, certainly corporal punishment of children is allowed to deliver incorrigible souls from eventual torment in hell. Proverbs 23:14. By the way, incorrigible individuals, whether they be children or not, reflect a spirit of rebellion and invite unto themselves the damnation of God. Romans 13:2 In Samuel’s rebuke of King Saul’s disobedience, God said in I Samuel 15:23, “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.”
23. THE BROAD VS. THE NARROW PATH—Proverbs 27:20 states an axiomatic (self-evident truth, or universal truth) fact—There are more condemned people than there are born again people. According to the parable of the sower and the seed, the ratio could be something in the neighborhood of 4 to 1, or for every four people that hear the gospel only one of those individuals will surrender to the Spirit. Most likely, this ratio is quite liberal and may not even be realistic in light of only eight people emerging from the worldwide deluge of Noah, and Joshua and Caleb as the only two from their generation that entered the Promised Land
24. THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD AND SELF-SERVING POLITICIANS—If you are a self-serving politician forsaking your constituency while pursuing special interests, wealth, influence and power, Isaiah 14:9 has some rather unpleasant things to say. Because Satan controls the kingdoms of this world and man chooses to establish his own laws instead of recognizing and upholding God’s laws, Isaiah 14:9 says, “the chief ones of the earth,” and “the kings of the nations” will grace the halls of hell. “The chief ones of the earth,” and “the kings of the nations,” are men who put self and special interest before Jesus Christ . . .The end result, they end up in hell
25. THE LIVING DEAD LOVE DEATH—The unredeemed in reality make a compact or covenant with death. As living dead people, such is the case with all those who reject the truth of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 28:15, 18
26. ALL ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE—Those that are spiritually uncircumcised and resist the Holy Spirit will go to hell. Ezekiel 32:21, Acts 7:51
27. JONAH’S UNIQUE DEATH—According to Jonah 2:2 it becomes apparent Jonah is not speaking of his experience in the belly of the whale, figuratively. What the prophet was explaining was his encounter with hell, literally. As far as I know Jonah is the only human who was ever recalled from “the belly of hell.” Jonah is a great example to us of those who hear and receive the truth but refuse to obey it. I believe Jonah did get saved but it took a fish to belch him out and get his attention
28. TYPICAL OF THE MODERN TRANSLATIONS; THEY CONFUSE—The pagan words of gehenna, sheol, hades, and tartarus do not deliver the same linguistic force or impact as the word hell, nor are they contextually consistent with the original apostolic manuscripts. Have you recently heard anyone swear saying, ‘Go to gehenna!’
It is understood that since the completion of the New Testament a crescendo of sinister opposition to the truth has purposely eviscerated the truth. This has surfaced in a swarm of mutilated ‘bibles.’ Since a host of strategies involving confusion, and doubt are legion in these corrupt ‘bibles,’ it should not surprise us Satan is behind it all . . . Such is the verdict of those who improperly substitute the words hades, sheol, and gehenna for the correct word hell.
29. PSYCHOLOGICAL INTEGRATIONISM EXPOSED—Although contemporary psychological therapies stress a parent should avoid constructing any conscious or unconscious types of fear related behaviors, the Bible tells us to fear him (God) that is able to cast both body and soul into hell. Fear therefore, if it is a relational dynamic (and it is in many instances) exists between a father and his children. This dynamic develops without a conscious male forbearance. Fear between father and child generally develops in younger males as a result of well defined masculine servant-leadership roles. There is nothing wrong or sinister about a child fearing their father. After all, the father is to be the spiritual leader within his home and before God. Didn’t God say, “Be ye holy for I am holy? Matthew 10:28: Luke 12:5
30. THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL—The gates of hell shall not prevail against Jesus Christ’s church, or ecclesia (called out ones), namely the elect
31. THE KEYS OF DEATH AND HELL—Jesus Christ holds the keys of hell and death. Revelation 1:18
32. HELL’S CONSUMPTION—Hell is cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14. Will there come a time (just prior to the new heaven, new earth, and New Jerusalem) when the whole inner core of the earth will be liquid? Will this be when hell is swallowed up in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone?
33. THE MORE ONE KNOWS, THE GREATER THE JUDGMENT—The scriptural principle which says to whom much is given much is required, is taught in verses like Matthew 11:20-24 and Luke 10:13-16. Those sitting in greatest judgment are those today who are looking back with a completed word of God in their possession
34. THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS—In the story of the rich man and the beggar, Lazarus, some interesting points emerge from the story in Luke 16:19-31 as told by Jesus:
35. THREE JUDGMENTS?—The Bible teaches three future judgments of the Lord, Jesus Christ. They are:
36. WHERE THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED AND THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE—In Mark 9:44, 46, 48 these grave words are the ultimate reality of what awaits those who reject Jesus Christ in the hereafter. The people in Revelation 21:4 experience no more PAIN OR DEATH for the former things are passed away. These are the saints who come through the fiery judgment of God and reach their ultimate day of redemption. This is the reality of the last group of redeemed peoples, as well as all those who preceded this crowd. So we know the redeemed do not experience any type of pain (spiritual and physical). This is not true of the damned in the lake of fire. In perpetual torment (physically and spiritually) the resurrected bodies of the wicked are completely unlike those of their redeemed counterparts. What are these worms that do not die? For the wicked these worms are their worst nightmare come true
Hell is real because the Bible says so. Hell is real because God’s creation has revealed it. Hell is real because if you were to take your worst nightmare it could never come close to the reality of what awaits those who forsake the blood of Jesus Christ. With a perfect God, hell is his condemnation toward all that is unclean and the fact Providence is holy. Don’t be a fool!
Background information on the Art Bell Show with the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in hell!
There have been numerous attempts to debunk this story and dismiss it as a complete fabrication. I have read a couple of the comments from naysayers and skeptics. You are welcome to do so as well. I choose to believe the story because of my faith in Christ . . . You, on the other hand, believe what you will. To God it does not matter, for the truth does not care what you or I think. As the father of lies and master deceiver, Lucifer would convince you otherwise. The Bible calls all who reject the truth “fools.” Don’t be one!
 Psalms 49:6, 7—They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; 7. None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him . . .
 Watkins, Terry, Th.D. The Proof of Hell, Dial-the-truth-Ministries
Mimicking pressures at the earth’s core using a canon and minute pieces of iron (geophysicist Tom Ahrens experiment at Caltech) and a laser heated diamond anvil that compressed small specks of iron (Raymond Jeanloz at U.C. Berkeley) scientists calculated the melting point of iron at 250 gigapascals or 750 million p.s.i. Their independent tests demonstrated the earth’s core to be much hotter than previously thought. The findings were staggering. Hotter than the surface of the sun, it was revealed the inner core of the earth is literally a lake of molten iron/sulphur igniting the bowels of the earth at a whopping 12,420 o Fahrenheit. See Watkins, Terry, Th.D. The Proof of Hell, section entitled: The Temperature of Hell, Dial-the-truth-Ministries: http://www.av1611.org/hell_proof.html
 TOTAL DEPRAVITY—The truth of the Bible is clear. It says man is totally depraved (biologically, mentally): he cannot understand God, approach God, nor does man desire God. Every aspect of man’s personality and biology has been affected by sin. Although Scripture speaks of man’s will, it is the Holy Spirit that accomplishes redemption in a man’s heart. Man’s ‘part’ in God’s justification must be revealed in man’s acknowledging Christ and man confessing his sin and making Jesus Lord in his life). This prevents human boasting before God on the day the individual stands before his Maker—to God be the glory! Embracing the doctrine of man’s total depravity is absolutely essential for salvation. It is a doctrine unique to Christianity. Although Judaism revealed sin’s types in animal sacrifices, or the skins covering the roof of the tabernacle, as well as the veil that separated the holy place from the holiest of holies, the Messianic message and prophecies of Jesus Christ were offensive and alien to the Jewish mind. Although this Jewish abhorrence toward the exclusivity of Jesus Christ has unfortunately brought them a negative national prominence, it is a trait that has nonetheless been endemic to all mankind.
The doctrine of man’s total depravity destroys:
· Psychology, the mind sciences, and the human potential movement
· Rationalism and any other humanly contrived attempt to govern oneself or others apart from Jesus Christ
UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION—God chooses man without any consideration of personal merit. Unconditional election is a complete and total mystery but one assured from before the foundation of the world. Although this truth was expounded by Calvin and his followers, this indisputable truth is nonetheless taught in the New Testament. While unconditional election is an action resulting from the influence of the Holy Spirit upon the conscience of man, those ordained to condemnation, on the other hand, are those individuals whom God withholds his Spirit—this is the essence of hard heartedness or unbelief. God can see into the future (foreknowledge) and see which individuals will respond to the Spirit’s influence (this begins when acknowledging Christ as Creator and Savior occurs) and those who do not. In Romans 8:33 it says it is God that justifies
LIMITED ATONEMENT—In I John 2:2 John is revealing the scope of Christ’s atonement (that it covered all of man’s sins). Put another way, Jesus’ sacrifice is sufficient for all but not efficacious (effectual) to all. That is why Jesus spoke in parables. That is why having ears they might not hear, nor understand, and possessing eyes they cannot see and perceive. Limited atonement says Jesus died only for the elect. The elect are those, having a good and honest heart fashioned by the Holy Spirit; understand themselves as sinners in need of a Savior.
IRRESISTIBLE GRACE—Says God extends an external call for all men to be saved. This truth is further enhanced by the fact that all men have their names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. Their names are blotted out when they stand before the Lord of the Universe and he says, ‘Depart from me for I never knew you.’ The internal call is created by the influence of Christ’s Holy Spirit upon the mind of man making him desire the things of God. Man could never freely choose Christ without the influence of the Holy Spirit.
PERSEVERANCE OF THE SAINTS—This spiritual truth is assured because it is God that justifies. This incontrovertible principle is supported by two scriptures: “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.” Romans 8:18 “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13
 REBELLION—Numbers 16:23-35—And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24. Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. 25.And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him. 26. And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins. 27. So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children. 28. And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. 29. If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me. 30. But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD. 31. And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them: 32. And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. 33.They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. 34. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. 35. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.
 PURGATORY—II Maccabees 12:43-45—And when he had made a gathering throughout the company to the sum of two thousand drachms of silver, he sent it to Jerusalem to offer a sin offering, doing therein very well and honestly, in that he was mindful of the resurrection: 44 For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should have risen again, it had been superfluous and vain to pray for the dead. 45 And also in that he perceived that there was great favour laid up for those that died godly, it was an holy and good thought. Whereupon he made a reconciliation for the dead, that they might be delivered from sin.
 op cit. #2, article located at: http://av1611.org/hell.html
 Although it is understood no original autographs exist, biblical preservation has assured the present day believer the Holy Spirit has overseen that neither additions nor remissions of scripture have occurred while at the same time the manuscript purity has been maintained. The believer, contrary to “Higher Criticism,” can take comfort in knowing it has been God, not man, which has overseen the preservation of his inerrant Word. The wanton vivisection of the Holy Bible is nothing more than a personal assault on the person of Jesus Christ—the Incarnate Word. Those who knowingly and wantonly engage in “Higher Criticism” are not friends, but foes of the Cross.
 Revelation 20:14—And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.